Cutting-edge techniques for early educators give even the youngest DC students the greatest opportunity for success.
Elementary school leaders learn effective ways to provide supervision, evaluation, and instructional support for early childhood teaching staff.
- Align early childhood curricula with school’s overall philosophy
- Recognize school contributions from teachers of 3-4 year-olds
- Learn how early childhood assessments relate to long-term academic success
Learn from Joe’s Champs and other experts
Fight For Children’s bi-annual conferences serve the DCPS, charter, and independent school community by bringing together local practitioners and national experts to share best practices on specific topics. These conferences, hosted each spring and fall, are free to school leaders and teachers, and provide attendees with concrete practices that they can implement in their schools. Details about our June 2, 2016 conference coming soon.
Does your program qualify for Joe's Champs?
If your school serves a majority of low-income families and you are:
- A leader who has worked at the school for at least one year
- Committed to full participation in program activities
- Excited about professional development and learning from others
- Interested in implementing developmentally appropriate teaching practices
- Willing to participate in a professional community of learning.
Please contact Brittany Oliver at Brittany.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-772-0425.