- Where does Fight For Children get its funding?
Fight For Children is a nonprofit organization funded by corporations, foundations, individuals, and government grants.
- Why should I make a donation?
At Fight For Children we work to ensure that low-income children in DC receive a quality education and stay healthy so they may learn. We frequently convene leaders in government, business, public, private, and charter schools, and other education-focused organizations to facilitate collaboration and share best practices. As a donor to our programs or a sponsor of Fight Night, you will also receive prominent acknowledgement in Fight For Children’s marketing materials, event signage, and other public communications.
- As a Fight For Children donor, can I visit one of the Joe’s Champs schools?
Yes, please contact Ellett Toomey, Director of Development at email@example.com or call 202.772.0437.
- As a Fight For Children donor, how do I update my email/mailing address in your records?
To update your contact information, please contact Ellett Toomey, Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-772-0437.
- Can I receive Fight For Children mailings or materials?
Yes, we publish a newsletter, and you can sign up by submitting your email address below.
- How do I get a copy of Fight For Children’s annual report?
Our latest annual report is here.
- Are donations tax-deductible?
Yes, donations to Fight For Children are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. Should your gift be in support of Fight Night or any of our other sponsorship events—in which case you receive a good or service in return for your donation—you may only receive a partial tax deduction.
- What is Fight For Children’s tax identification number?
Our tax ID number is 52-1706059.
- Can I make a gift in honor of a friend or family member?
We would be delighted to accept a gift in honor of someone. Please simply note this on the check you mail to us, or should you choose to give online, on this form.
- Can I give my credit card over the phone instead of via the online form?
Our donations are processed by Network for Good and are 100% secure, but if you would prefer not to share your credit card information online, please contact Judy Wrench 202-772-0417.
- Can I make a matching gift through my company?
Yes, we would be very grateful for your additional support through a matching gift program. Please visit your Human Resources department to obtain the necessary paperwork so that they may process the matching check. We are happy to provide any information you may require.